Friday, June 01, 2007

Not Perfect

I am not perfect
Do not dare proclaim
Those syllables do not belong
Next to my name

If this is perfect
The definition must change
My life does not meet the “flawless” allegation
It simply falls shamed

You say that I’m smart
No test would agree
You say that I’m pretty
No way to prove thee

I try as I can
I fight with my will
But, no matter how strong I seem
My heart has since keeled

What is this perfect you speak of
In my life I cannot find
A single example
To set by your side

Whatever you do
Whatever you claim
Please claim not my perfection
It would be in vain
~~~~~
I wrote this just now and it has had no editing. Be kind to it, though I'm sure much criticizing is deserved. Though, also speak truthfully.
~~~~~
~To the world she is ordinary in truth she is extraordinary~

1 comment:

Tim Parenti said...

I'm sure there's at least one test that would say you're smart...

...maybe not Chemistry (lol)!