Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Lost
Staring at the open door
Wonder what I’m waiting for
Can’t make up my mind
I haven’t had the time

Not sure where I am
Or where I’m going to be
Not sure who I really am
Or who really knows me

Walking down the stairs
Glancing at the mirror
Wondering why it wasn’t my face
That appeared

Talking merrily to my friends
As if nothings wrong
Then kicking myself for not telling
For not showing them this song

I know there’s something wrong
I just can’t figure it out
What is my life missing?
What am I without?

Sitting in my bedroom
Staring at the wall
Solid white and boring,
Not my style at all

Then looking over at the phone
I’m filled with slight surprise
It rings once
Then again

A total of three times
Watching it I do not move
Who could it possibly be?
Certainly not someone
Who would want to talk to me?

Then silence
Several minutes’ tick by
Stillness broken by the phone
Ringing again
Slowly walking over slight interest in my mind

“Hello” I say slowly, pausing for a time

“Hello” I say again
This time a reply--
An answer, three words
“I love you”

Who is this I said
Scared and confused
Swiftly the caller replied
It’s me. Do not be afraid
I called to say I love you
To relieve the pain in your heart
I think you almost forgot
I’ll be here when everyone else is not

You are always in my heart
You are always on my mind
Whenever it is that you need me
I’ll always have the time

That was all the speaker said
That was all I needed to hear
With a faint smile on my face
I walked out of the room
And whispered
Thank you

How could I forget?
And yet you’re right it’s true
I needed a prompt reminder
But now and Always
I love you too
~~~~~
Can you guess whom this poem speaks of? It isn't too difficult to tell. But you must look deeper than my obvious callers.
~To the world she is ordinary in truth she is extraordinary~

2 comments:

Lexi Elizabeth said...

it was me silly :-P haha. no.

that was a beautiful poem. although, it sort of ....i don't know, messed me up a little when you stopped doing the whole rhyme thing and went to the free verse.

Laurel said...

I don't pay attention to rhyme or free verse...I just write haha and if it happens to rhyme when the idea first occurs then it does...it obviously didn't occur the whole time, its prose I suppose...rhyme not intended...